That’s right, it’s #1-0-0! The countdown is over. And this occasion will be marked by highlights of my favorites, YOUR favorites, and perhaps some utterly random stuff. So let’s get started.
1. Month of the Most Views: December, 2010. It’s the busiest month of the year for us, too. I guess it’s for gift ideas!
2. Random But Cool: Really, the only truly random but cool post would have to be Book Dominoes. I mean, come on, it’s a video with books falling over one another in intricate designs that…well, I won’t give it away.
3. A Book I REALLY Liked: This highlight goes to The Sisters Grimm, by Michael Buckley. Fairy tale characters coming to life, mysterious disappearances, a dog by the name of Elvis–who isn’t at least SLIGHTLY interested, hmm?
4. Your Favorite Genres: As some of you may recall, back in May I published a poll asking everybody what their favorite genre was. And the results are in…Mystery and Fantasy tie for first place. So there you have it!
5. Most Helpful Book: Now, for you it may be different (in fact, it’s probably different), but probably the most useful book I have ever read would be Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly. This is most likely just because I want to be a writer, but I have found it to be quite valuable in getting me a little closer to my goal. Gail Carson Levine has done it again!
6. Most Touching: The most touching book I have ever reviewed is most certainly Anne Frank: The Story of a Young Girl. It so vividly brings to life the struggles a teenage girl went through in the Holocaust that it brings tears to the eyes and makes your heart pound. A must-read.
7. ONLY Post About Authors Whose Books I’m Not Allowed to Read: Brontë Sisters, Power Up! is a funny and intriguing video. Just look at the title!
8. Not Really a Post, But: This isn’t a post, but I thought it would be interesting. Girl Knows Books got its most views on January 20, 2011. Thank you to everyone who got bored while at their computer and thought they’d check me out. Your boredom is appreciated.
9. Informative (But Not in the Textbook Way): I find my most informative posts, in a real life way, are the Author Tidbits, just because they give a bit of background of the authors whose books we have fallen in love with. And sometimes, you can find out pretty interesting things! I guess that’s actually why I write them.
10. People Who Have Helped Me: No, I never actually wrote a post about this. But I figure some people have helped me so much I’d like to put a bit in about them. Like my family, who have helped me out tons, and my friends, who have supported me. A lot. Thanks! Without you, I probably wouldn’t have made it to this post.
Well, that’s the end. Tomorrow, it’s back to regular old reviewing. But I’m glad I got to do this post. Hope you all have had great summers!